Summer is a great time for casual dining and family fun! Windsor offers a wide variety of restaurants, shops and fun attractions. Have loads of summer fun going out and eating out with family and friends, while earning stamps towards this year’s great prizes valued over $1,000! Prizes: Amazon Echo Dot, Kindle Fire and many restaurant and attraction Gift Certificates! Get 10 Passport stickers and you’ll be entered to win one of several great prizes!
Steps to Enter:
1. Pick up a Passport at the Chamber office or at any of the participating restaurants, shops or attractions or request online.
2. Register your Passport online or by phone. Passports must be registered to win.
3. Go to the restaurants, shops and attractions in the Passport and get its Passport sticker at each location.
4. Bring your Passport to the WCC Tourist Information Center to be entered into the prize drawing! You must have a certain number of stickers to be entered. (Get all the stickers and get a $10 Chamber Gift Certificate too!) Winners will be notified in early September and will be posted on the website. (The deadline to enter the drawing is September 2nd).
1. Fair Street Crafts 55 Poquonock Avenue, Windsor
2. Jan’s Sewing Room 261 Broad Street Windsor
Follow them on Facebook.
Hours: Tuesday – Friday from 11am – 6pm and Saturday from 11am – 3pm
Event: The Big Craft Sale on Sunday, July 30th from 9am – 5pm which will be held indoors at LCN Kitchen and Bath at 1695 Poquonock Avenue.
3. Northwest Park and Nature Preserve (860) 285-1886
Coupon: Save $10 off of a family membership or $5 off of a individual membership.
All Summer: Visit The Connecticut Valley Tobacco Museum this summer Wednesday through Friday 12 – 4pm and Saturday 10am – 4pm for an art show. This show will unravel the social and physical cultural landscape changes over the last century.
July 29th: Firefly Presentation/Book Signing & Evening Walk Join us from 7–9pm presented by noted biologist and firefly expert Sara Lewis. Sara dives into the fascinating world of fireflies and reveals the most up-to-date discoveries these beloved insects. Discoveries about these beloved insects are covered in Sara’s recently published book, Silent Sparks, will be available for sale and signing. Following the presentation will be an evening walk in search of fireflies. Free.
August 4th: Join our Paint Party with Irene Hilbert! We have limited availability and will register 15 painters. This painting is a “Cape Cod Beach” acrylic painting on 16″ by 20″ canvas. Paint Night is from 6:30 to 9pm. BYOB. Light snacks are provided. RSVP in advance. Cost $40.
August 5th: Canoe Adventure Visit Northwest Park from 9am – 12pm for an adventure with nature and canoeing, learn about our local waterways and the plants and animals that call them home. No canoeing experience is necessary, however, there will not be a staff member in your canoe. The staff will be available before and during canoeing to observe and assist you with your paddling abilities. Canoes, paddles and PFDs will be provided. Ages 6 and above. $15 per person (Windsor residents) $20 (non-residents).
Friday, July 21st and August 4th: Grab the whole family for our Float Night & Dive In Movie Night at Goslee Pool from 7:-8pm. Don’t forget your favorite pool float so you can lounge in the pool and spend the night relaxing. Following Float Night just after sunset, stay and enjoy a movie on our 22-foot portable inflatable screen on the deck at the pool. Snacks and soft drinks will be available for purchase but bring your own lawn chairs and blankets. Movies are family-friendly, PG rated. Free. Follow them on Facebook or Twitter.
5. Summer Concerts The Windsor Chamber of Commerce and First Town Downtown invite you to the summer concert series Thursday Evenings 6:30-8:30pm July 6th through August 24th. Rain dates are the following Tuesday.
6. Vintage Radio and Communications Museum of Connecticut, 115 Pierson Lane, Windsor (860) 683-2903
Hours: Thursday – Friday from 10am – 3pm, Saturday from 10am – 5pm and Sunday from 1-4pm.
8. Windsor Historical Society 96 Palisado Avenue, Windsor (860) 688-3813 Hours: Wesnesday – Saturday from 11am – 4pm.
4. The Blue Dragonfly Gift Shop 144A Broad Street, Windsor (860) 580-7928
5. The Farmer’s Market Thursdays, June 29th – October 19th from 3:30-6:30pm Featuring locals: Farmers of Southern New England, Forgotten Acres Farm, One Song Biscotti, Stefan Farms, Summer’s Sweetest Watermelon, Windsor Garden Club, Windsor Public Library and the Windsor Woman’s Club, and Beckett Farm (Glastonbury), Beldotti Bakery (Stamford), Blessed Creek Soaps (Suffield), Fanciful Flowers (Windsor Locks), RL Apothecary, Sweet Harmony Cafe & Bakery (Middletown), Sweet Pea Cheese (North Granby), Walter Murkowicz’s Seasonal Produce (Windsor Locks).
2. Bart’s Drive In Restaurant (Beanery & Lunchonette) 55 Palisado Avenue, Windsor Click here for a coupon for a free cookie, coffee or tea for new customers only. Follow them on Facebook or sign up for their newsletter.
Events: Kids Eat Free Sunday’s from 4-8pm. Sunday, September 17th 11th Annual Tavern Trot.
1. Homewood Suites by Hilton 65 Ella Grasso Turnpike, Windsor Locks (860) 627-8463 Amenities: Pet-friendly and Free Parking